Monday, October 26, 2009

Tonight at bedtime Jensen decided that he would rather go sit in the papasan chair than go to bed. Alex has (against my better judgement) developed a bedtime routine of offering a small piece of chocolate to calm the raging beast and lure him into bed.
Tonight when he had other plans on his agenda and Al offered the chocolate he also offered the choice of hot sauce. He was being a bit crazy. So, I swear it wasn't harsh- we told Jence that he could calm down and lay down and get the chocolate, or he could go "sit down" as he so desperately wanted to do- but then he would be getting a taste of hot sauce- and hot sauce is the dreaded around here, I mean horror of all horrors. He didn't seem to be getting it. So I took him and the hot sauce to the chair and told him that he could sit down and have the hot sauce or he could go back to bed and get the chocolate. He insisted he wanted to sit down. I tried again- holding up the bottle as I lowered him to the chair, stopping before he got to it to ask if he wanted hot sauce. And he looked at me and opened his mouth!! Silly little monster opened up his mouth kept it open as I opened the bottle, then still as I brought it to his mouth, and as I poured some in!! He got a bit of a pained look, swallowed, said "hot sauce". He tried to wipe some of it out a little as we laughed hysterically. He sat for a minute or so and then said he would like his chocolate- happily ran to his bedroom, let daddy put him in bed, ate his chocolate- giggling- and said "nigh-night."
Crazy child...

2 comments:

Jen Hamner said...

AHahahahahahh! Silly Boy!! We had an hour stand down today because Kennedi WOULD NOT say please to get out of time-out. That is all she had to do and it took her an hour after her 90 second time-out to just say please! Stinkers!

Jessie, Tony & Basil said...

ohhhh sara. yall are in sooo much trouble! this was my favourite story, though, because it has a happy ending. lets just pray that will be the case for the next one. and the next. and the next. and....